Fingerprint Services - Applicant Live Scan
The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station is now conducting Live Scan fingerprint services by appointment only. Appointments can only be made on-line by using the SCVSheriff.com Applicant Live Scan Appointment page and following the instructions outlined below. Fingerprint services are conducted on Wednesday evenings only, between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. and a limited number of appointments are available. If you need your Live Scan fingerprinting services immediately or the available appointment times do not work with your schedule, you can follow the links and information on this page to locate all local Live Scan fingerprinting service providers throughout Los Angeles County and the Santa Clarita Valley. The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station is not affiliated with any other Live Scan fingerprint service provider. Their fees and schedules may vary.
PORTABLE LIVE SCAN
The portable Live Scan enables applicant related information to be processed electronically, including automated searches by name, date of birth, and the Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS).
Fingerprinting Applicant Procedures
The applicant must provide a completed "Request for Live Scan Service" form (BCII-8016). The applicant must also have the requesting agency's ORI, Mail Code, and Billing Code to be entered on the form prior to getting fingerprinted. If the applicant is a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department applicant, for either a sworn or civilian position, the department's ORI code will be used. Live Scan applicants should be aware that the following procedures will occur as part of the process and they should be prepared to provide the requested information:
- The Live Scan operator will verify the identity of the applicant by any valid photo identification.
- Applicant will be required to complete the Request for Live Scan Service form (BCII-8016) at the time of the appointment.
- The information from the form will be entered into the Live Scan.
- The Live Scan device will determine the total amount of fees to be collected automatically.
- Applicant will be fingerprinted.
- Fees will automatically be charged to the requesting agency based on the billing code provided or the applicant will be required to pay their portion of determined fee. Cash or verified bank checks are the only accepted method of payment at this time.
- The Live Scan applicant will be given a receipt and the live scan operator will provide two copies of the three part Request for Live Scan Service form to the applicant and one copy will be retained by the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station for record keeping purposes.
The Department fee schedule is as follows for fingerprinting services:
FINGERPRINTS (Ordinance No. 4099, Section 314.2)
- Fingerprint (D.O.J. without Live Scan code) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 32.00
- Fingerprint (F.B.I. without Live Scan code) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 24.00
* D.O.J. and F.B.I. fees are contingent upon the billing codes provided on the Live Scan application form.
Los Angeles County Code - 2.34.160 Fees--Exceptions. (A fee shall not be charged when fingerprints are take)
- A. In criminal matters;
- B. Of an applicant to take an examination given by the director of personnel of the county;
- C. Of a person associated with a charitable organization where such organization requires such person to be fingerprinted as a condition of serving such organization;
- D. Of any person the fingerprints of whom are required in order to obtain a license or permit pursuant to Section 1620 of the Welfare and Institutions Code for a foster home. (Ord. 10468 § 2, 1972: Ord. 9246 § 15, 1967; Ord. 8550 § 2, 1964: Ord. 8256 § 1 (part), 1962: Ord. 4099 Art. 22 § 314.4, 1942.)
Please visit the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff Station's Live Scan fingerprinting on-line appointment scheduling page by clicking here: Applicant Live Scan Appointment.
If you cannot get your desired appointment, visit the California Department of Justice Applicant Live Scan fingerprint page at the following link for a complete listing of all available Live Scan fingerprint service providers in the State of California and Los Angeles County - including those right here in the Santa Clarita Valley. The link includes, locations, hours of operation and costs. Visit: Office of the Attorney General Applicant Live Scan.